Found the Geneva/Ashtabula school a little further east today...

Just had to take the opportunity to go blast some Ohio 'eyes today.

Launched out of Conneaut and made about an hour run NW quartering into 2 to 4s with some 3 to 5s mixed in.

Started at the 2.5/44.6 (71 fow) and trolled east/north east with the rollers. Fish pretty much disappeared once you got east of the 42 or so. 3 passes yielded 5 limits + 2 other 'eyes we released and 2 jumbo perch (Yes, 5 tickets).

Nothing "magical" today. A little on everything, some highlights: Early and overcast a Super Slim Walleye Slapper on the probe rigger down 60 pulled 3 or 4 right away, watermelon harnesses w/ copper backs were solid all day, especially on the wire divers 1.5 back 150 they pulled the majority including 2 of the 3 biggest (6 1/2#ers). Outside divers produced well today as well, 3.5 back 200. The deep rigger, down 71, also pulled a few with a Super Slim copper perch. Got 2 fish and lost a large one on a Firetiger Bango 350 back on the wire, down the chute.

Lots of traffic out there today despite iffy weather reports yesterday and some relatively turbulent on again off again seas. The lake appeared to have "flipped" it was 69.8 on top and as warm as 73 down 60 feet. Seemed like the further east you got the warmer the water, I had 69.8 down 60 at our start mark and by vapor water it was up to 73. Talked to a couple boats that were into the middle of the school further west. Seemed like from the 50, east to the 43 was the best.

Was nice to have some nice easy 'eye fishing again...

I would have given you a call today Toxic, I would have given WorkDog a call too, but I have rewired our new radio 3 times and I am still getting BRUTAL interference from my sonar. You can hear every ping.

It was nice getting into the 'eyes like we did, but I am hating myself for not fishing PA because we have a big Pro Am out of Erie next weekend. I am also hating my co-capt. because he is going to the same place tomorrow instead of pre-fishing, because I can't leave at 4am. Long story, but not good...