So, my friend and I brought our wives along for a fishing/tourist trip to Toronto this weekend. We left Olcott Friday around noon and travelled by boat to Toronto Harbor. Checked into the hotel and went to the Jays game that night. Great game... they beat the Yanks! Searched high and low for a fishing license... finally found that Canadian Tire outside of downtown sold them... Just my friend and I bought one, the girls wanted to shop the next morning. So, we headed on the water about 6am on Saturday. Made it out of the harbor and discovered pea soup fog everywhere. Thank god for radar and a good gps/chart unit. I headed east of the harbor entrance first thing as that was where we had been told the fish were biting the best. Man, what a challenge that was! I spent three hours with my head buried in the dashboard and peering through the 100' visibility fog. At one point we had seven other boats inside our visibility range! Wow.. Bad part was we never hooked a fish nor did we see anyone else hooked up. Finally decided to head away from the pack and went to the west side of the harbor entrance. No one was fishing there... no boats to be seen by eye or on the radar... now this was nice, no more nervous staring into the fog watching for boats. Good news... we weren't in this new location for more than ten minutes and BAM fish on the dipsey rod! For the next three and a half hours we hammered the kings. Almost every fish was 16 to 17 pounds with the biggest at 18.5 What a blast. We had several doubles, so it was fortunate that no other boats were around. We'd just let the boat go straight while we pulled in the fish. Everything was taken 50 to 55 feet down on two riggers and 150 to 175 feet back on wire/dipsey rods in 150 to 180 feet of water. The fish didn't seem to prefer any offer over the others; flasher/fly combos on the dipsy and spoons on the riggers seemed to bring just as many bites. However, the bigger fish were on the flies.

Finally, when three of our four rods were out of the water (and we had just finished our fourth "last pass") we decided we better quit fishing and head in to be with the wives. Hated to leave feeding fish, but didn't want to be divorced while on vacation haha.

That was our only chance to fish Toronto, but it was an absolute blast. Only wish the fog would have lifted, but it never did while we were out there.

Lots of fish... but, as with our attempts in NY, no real big fish. I guess that just gives us reason to go back again, right?

Good luck guys and thanks to those that gave me advice prior to our trip.

A few pics from in front of the harbor. No pics of me :( waiting to get some from my buddies camera... but here's the few I did take that day.

Thick, thick fog that morning! Like I said above, we had seven boats in view at one point, even though visibility was horrible at that time! Lots of boats, few fish.

DSCF0283a.jpg

This is the first king we landed after moving west of the harbor entrance and away from the pack of boats... I think we landed nine fish very similar in size to this one in the next 3 1/2 hours... a few that were maybe 8 pound range... and half a dozen long distance releases ( :no: )

DSCF0286a.jpg

Not fishing related, but I have to say, we were in awe of the great dock space we had for two nights at Pier 4. What a view of the CN Tower! Great city. My first time there, but I will return!!

DSCF0254a.jpg