Conservation Officers in Holland

I was supposed to be in a sheephead... i mean freshwater drum tournament in Holland Saturday but it got canceled due to the storms but me and my buddy decided to fish anyway. We caught about 30 sheepies. the biggest was 11.8 lbs.

We took the boat out at the dnr launch and we were putting our gear away when a guy next to us asked how we did. To our surprise there were 3 conservation officers putting in two seadoos. They were very friendly and we just talked a little then left.

I guess the COs were trying to be sneaky with the seadoos because there is a CO boat in the water at the coast guard station in Holland. Has anyone else seen them on seadoos in the big lake? The seadoos were green and white with a small little badge on the front close to the mirrors so from a short distance it looks the same as any other seadoo and they were

wearing green life vests.

My buddy said he was glad we seen them at the launch because if they came too close to us while we were fishing he might of flipped them the bird or yelled something and then feel like an idiot when realizing it was a CO.

So if a green seadoo gets too close to you while fishing don't make any inappropriate hand gestures towards them.

My brother in law has been stopped 5+ miles out from Pentwater more than once. They pull up along side him as he's trolling and checks has license and pole count.

I was checked last year in South Haven, on Memorial Day, in 200 FOW. It wasn't a jet ski.

He rides with his side arm.:eek:

the COs had their side arms on them too.

i've never got stopped out in the big lake yet but last year i was checked three times and this year twice

• 1 month later...

We got stopped last year by a couple of CO's in about 200 FOW north of Port Sheldon. Big Green Steel Center Console boat. My Dad starts watching this thing makeing a Bline for us at full tilt and he... "Do you think that guy sees us??" I said "Sure does that's a CO Boat"...

Pulled up along side while were on our troll, just wanted to see liscenses and do a quick rod count. Didn't make us pull lines or anything. Real nice and they were back on their way.

It's nice to know they are around...

• 2 weeks later...