Great Lakes Fisherman

Forums Gallery Web Cams Nautical Charts Wind Forecast Marine Forecast Water Temps Satellite Chat Room ADVERTISE
Go Back   Great Lakes Fisherman > Great Lakes Fishing Reports - Salmon and Trout > Lake Michigan Fishing Reports - Salmon and Trout > Illinois Waters Fishing Reports - Salmon and Trout
 [Register]

Illinois Waters Fishing Reports - Salmon and Trout Post your fishing reports from Lake Michigan fishing reports, Illinois boundaries here.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Fisherman

NW Chicago Salmon/Steelhead Rivers

I am heading to the Crystal Lake, IL area to visit the inlaws and was told if there were rivers to fish either Salmon or Steelhead I was free to go. Not only do I want to fish, but I don't have to listen to my sister-in-law nag on her husband all weekend (that's why he needs to learn how to fish).

If someone could help me out I would be greatful.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2010, 06:00 PM

Location: 60 miles to the nearest port, and 210 miles from most desirable port
Years ago I fished a few WI rivers in the fall and caught a few salmon and some coho. I thought it was the Racine river, but I was looking at a map and it could have easily been the Root river, which rings a bell..too many beers and too much time in between to be sure. Check out a map of the area and see what rivers are in the area that connect to the big lake and that will give you a good starting point. I like to use www.flashearth.com for satellite imagery along with road names. Good luck in your search and let us know how you make out. Oh yeah, it does not look like a far commute from where you'll be in IL to check out any of the rivers in the area...

JR's Tackle Pro Staff
Old 11-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Limit View Post
I am heading to the Crystal Lake, IL area to visit the inlaws and was told if there were rivers to fish either Salmon or Steelhead I was free to go. Not only do I want to fish, but I don't have to listen to my sister-in-law nag on her husband all weekend (that's why he needs to learn how to fish).

If someone could help me out I would be greatful.

Thanks
I bought a boat to get away from all of the in laws and out laws...family and want to be family. When I get home from work hooking up the boat is automatic.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Fisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeliebob View Post
I bought a boat to get away from all of the in laws and out laws...family and want to be family. When I get home from work hooking up the boat is automatic.
Did you get a new boat this year?