TEAM KICK'R Sheboygan, WI 8/19-21

We fished our final tournament of the season over the weekend and we sure didn't go out the way we wanted. We had great pre fishing on Friday catching 6 fish with 5 nice ones and losing a few others. The weather on Friday turned ugly quick so we decided to pull lines early. As we were pulling lines the rigger goes off and we grabbed the rod and it ends up getting bounced into the lake as we came down on a wave. After losing our new to us Shimano tekota reel that we had just purchased a few days prior we were pretty bummed. Saturday we got a nice hit on the set up but lost it and that was the only bite we had before the tournament got canceled at 9:15am. On Sunday the lake flipped and at the pier heads the water was 54 degrees so we stuck around and fished the pier heads with no luck . We moved out to 100fow where we fished on Friday and still couldn't get anything going. We were in the middle of changing things up when I reeled in the rigger to swap spoons I noticed there was some weight to the line so I figured maybe we had a dragger. Well we certainly did but not what we expected it was our tekota reel that we had lost on Friday and to our surprise it still had the fish on it and it was alive it was truly unbelievable! Although we had a tough weekend of fishing it was great to get our reel back and we all will have a crazy story for the rest of our lives!

20160818_193913.thumb.jpeg.e0cfba4dde646

20160819_091737_1471966995549.thumb.jpeg

imagejpeg_0.thumb.jpeg.a300216b4909007bc

IMG_20160819_202910.thumb.jpeg.402f267dd

IMG_20160822_084509_1471966985218.thumb.