58 minutes ago, timeout said:

Makes you wonder if that big boy learned to eat something other than alewives.  Wow, what a fish.

I bet not. He was eating the ghost alewives . The ones DNR claim dont exist. Oh wait they will have a ready made excuse - oh the alewives are all the same year class so were still in trouble, oh no we planted fewer fish so yes now you will get bigger ones. Not sure about what all the natural reproduced ones eat.

1 hour ago, gmfishon said:

I bet not. He was eating the ghost alewives . The ones DNR claim dont exist. Oh wait they will have a ready made excuse - oh the alewives are all the same year class so were still in trouble, oh no we planted fewer fish so yes now you will get bigger ones. Not sure about what all the natural reproduced ones eat.

Yep Seen more bait than they can eat, it is one hell of a big lake, the DNR can't tell you what's in a small inland lake let alone lake MI, .. Trying to pull wool over our eyes, once again......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CJ428 said:

This picture does suggest he was eating well - how do we get a response from DNR?  Thanks 

dont concern yourself with a response from them. They have a ready made list of cover their ass excuses.

Yep Seen more bait than they can eat, it is one hell of a big lake, the DNR can't tell you what's in a small inland lake let alone lake MI, .. Trying to pull wool over our eyes, once again......

Why are the DNR trying to pull the wool over your eyes? How do they further their agenda of improving fishing in Michigan by telling you we have problems? How would they sell more licenses by downgrading the fishing falsely? Just wondering...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

• Like 1

If you say that this king is huge because he has seen more bait than he could eat. That also means you're saying all the other years the fish haven't been able to find enough bait to eat. If you want to grow the alewife population you would want to see what we're seeing this year. Hopefully, this year forward we see some massive kings. I would really enjoy catching a 30lb king. 

21 hours ago, Veni Vidi Fishi said:

Why are the DNR trying to pull the wool over your eyes? How do they further their agenda of improving fishing in Michigan by telling you we have problems? How would they sell more licenses by downgrading the fishing falsely? Just wondering...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

my belief is that they are aligned with the feds and want lake trout to rule.

• Like 1

Might be a year older fish, I'm saying there is more than plenty enough bait to support a king fishery, unlike the DNR is trying to shove down out throats. And most of the "problems" are a direct F U of the DNR, be it the 50's or now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk