Sat, Sun, 8-22, and 8-23-2015 Au Gres Sloooow

Sat I had the pleasure of fishing with Joe S, Doug, and Tyler. Tyler is about 13 yo and got to reel in all the fish we hooked up. We started out front of Au Gres and marked a lot of fish high and low. The bite was sloooooooooow and light. We picked up some undersized fish and a couple of keepers. We decided to make a move and picked up two quick fish and we thought we were off to the races. The bite again slowed and we ended the day with 7 walleye. we fished 27-34 FOW. BB and meat high and low. 1.4-1.7 MPH. It was bumpy with waves up to 3'. It was a good time with good friends.

Sun, I fished with Ben S, Gary W, and Joe S. I was close to calling off the trip and maybe I should have but the 5AM #1 Buoy report looked better than the 4 AM and I was hoping for a lay down. We started in 2' waves that quickly built to 3 and 4 footers. We went uphill for a while and decided to take a little break and go with the flow. Shortly after the turnaround the wave built to solid 4s with an occasional 6' wave. It was tough driving no mater what direction with the wind as much of a factor as the waves. We managed to catch 4 walleye before calling it a day and had a few nice ones come off close to the boat because of conditions. 27 FOW BB and meat high and low.

Sorry about the late report as I have been busy. Many of you know that I re-purpose Toughbooks into 13"+ Chartplotters. Many folks that have fished with me soon see the value of this set up. I liken it to watching the Super Bowl on a portable tv or a big screen. These set ups have chart numbers visible from several feet away. On other plotters, when zoomed, the depth numbers stay small. I have just finished another Toughbook and will deliver it tomorrow and I have another one for Joe S. that I'm waiting on a COA to legitimize the operating system. This work is not too difficult for for me but it is time consuming as I usually have to install new HDD, OS, drivers, and other soft and hardware. I have been running Windows 10 on the last few setups. These are military spec as tough as their name implies heavy duty laptops that can take rough wet use on and off the boat.